Sunday 26 February 2012

The first signs of spring

I wish you a wonderful morning!

Do you wonder why I am in such a happy mood?
Well, sun is shining, it is sunday and birds are singing: we do have the first signs of spring!

Jogging at dusk
Today I plan to go on a hike with friends to a really charming castle. I've been packing an enormous lunch package with bread, fruits, vegetables, cheese...
My temper is even better as I don't have anything to do this weekend because I did all my work on friday afternoon. And i started the weekend with a lovely breakfast with my friends in town as you can see below.

Breakfast on Saturday morning

Regarding my valentine's surprise I don't have any news yet. If you have any hints, please let me know!
The rest of the week was calm though. One of my friends celebrated her birthday in a club but I didn't went with them because I was too tired. On Thursday the new season of Germany's next Topmodel began which I welcomed with a friend by having nice dinner and a relaxing night in front of the TV.

Salad & Onions & Chicken Stripes & Bread & TV

Seems as if I only ate this week which so not true! But unfortunately I can't come up with different topics with this week because there were only few events that took place. I don't want to complain as I know that next week will be much more to do which is why I enjoy my relaxing time even more. Anything you want to be informed about? Fashion? Blogs? Holidays? Food? People?

As promised last week, I'll post another recipe which I tried when I went back home three weeks ago.

Tarte aux carottes et poireaux

Puffed pastry
3 carots
2 leek sauces
1 egg
1 onion
Grated Cheese
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper (powdered), 1 spoon of oil
1 pot of Crème Fraiche (or cream)

Enroll the puffed pastry and fit it into a tarte tin. Then heat the oil in a pan and cook the cut onions in it. Afterwards add the cut carrots and leek for about 10 minutes. Now fill the tin with the vegetables. In another bowl you squirl the egg with the crème fraiche (maybe add some milk to make it more fluid) and season it with the spices. Pour the cream into the tin as well, so that the vegetables are well covered. To finish you can spread some cheese above and season the tarte before putting it into the preheated oven (180°C) for about 30 to 45 minutes.

The pastry in a tarte tin

Ingredients

Vegetables in the pan

Bon Appétit!

Thank you for reading and commenting!
XoXo

P.S: I want to apologize for the spelling mistakes last week. It was 4am... might be that I was nearly asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment