Sunday 25 March 2012

Ups and Downs

Hi everyone,

hope you had a wonderful week. Regarding the weather it absolutely was one: Blue sky and temperatures up to 20° Celsius. In contrast to the perfect weather, my personal week wasn't the best.

There is a topic I haven't talked about here which I would like to reveal today. It is about my 3rd semester when I need to do an internship in a German company. As it should start in August or September, I am now starting to apply for positions at Unilever, Nestlé, Coca-Cola, L'Oréal, Adidas, etc. Although it is quite tough to get into those companies, I applied because last year's students did their internships there as well. But during the week, I realized that life is sometimes hard: I got a few refusals. Might be that I am too impatient (my real weakness), but  refusals are extremely discouraging. Owing to CVs, companies try to judge you and evaluate whether you fit into the company... I doubt that process.
Not only the refusals are demotivating, moreover I realised that I made a spelling mistake in my CV on monday - so even the start into last week was bad. I can't wait to be tomorrow: New week, new hope!

As I am writing this, a friend came over to watch formula 1 because his internet is not working (and he is a formula 1 fanatic). And he brought some breakfast freshly from the bakery, I call that a service!

Maybe you know companies where I could apply for (I would prefer Marketing in the fast moving consumer product industry). Or do you have some ways to motivate for me? Just let me know if you have some suggestions.

You have probably realised that I am not totally concentrated on today's post but situation is nagging me. If I have a better upcoming week, my post will be much more interesting. So long, I wish you all the best!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment