Sunday 22 July 2012

24 hours till departure

Sunset at the lake
The Kooks
Hiking through a canyon in the environment
Little later than usually I welcome you to my post. On one hand I needed to catch up some sleep, on the other my preparation for tomorrow's flight took all my attention.
Short resume of last week: three dinners in town with friends, one open air cinema watching the mute film "The Artist", two hikes in the environment, one festival seeing The Kooks and The Kills and finally my last week of internship. Everyone's positive feedback completed four nice weeks of work experience in which not only I learnt a lot but also taught experts how to be more effective.

As promised last week, I want to show you some tips and tricks how to pack suitcases. There have been few times that I lived out of my suitcase during some of my travels and the next three weeks will be the same - therefore you can call me an experienced person.


  1. My first step is always a packing list. This seems to be exaggerated but I so get the best overview about what I want to take and what I need to wash before. This time I also scribbled a shopping list because I plan to buy some pieces in outlets. 
  2. To see what the list gives when having the pieces for real, I put everything on my bed. 
  3. Afterwards I start putting everything into the suitcase, following a few rules:
    1. Put socks into shoes
    2. To protect tissues like silk, put them either in tissue paper or at least into some extra bag. 
    3. Rolling pieces prevents them from creasing
    4. Blouses and jackets should be put on the top
    5. While packing I think of what I will wear on the flight: I wear pieces that are either space-taking or which tend to crease easily.
Last week I also said that I want to cook. Indeed, I stood in the kitchen but baking an Apple Crumble Pie. Check out the following recipe, even my boss complimented me for it.

Apple Crumble Pie
300 g flour
100 g sugar
200 g butter
3 eggs
1,5 kg apples
2 tsp baking powder
4 tsp vanilla sugar
For crumbling: 100 g sugar, 250 g flour and 125 g butter

For the pastry mix flour,sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl until you have a flat mass. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes. Fill then the pastry into a buttered baking tray and top it with the apples cubes. Preheat the oven on 200°C while preparing the crumble. Therefore mix flour, sugar and butter in a bowl and knead it. Sprinkle it afterwards on the apples and bake the cake for approx. 35 minutes.

Now I will have to arrange a few things before leaving. As I don't know exactly how internet access will be the next weeks, I can't promise you to be on time. But of course, I try to keep you informed about what I do, even if it's only a short statement. So far, I wish you all the best and want to thank for some tips you gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment