Sunday 30 December 2012

And another happy new year!

Dear readers,

The entire week was dominated by emotions: happiness, sadness, disappointment, joy, glory - the wide range emotions can have. But let me start with the positive vibes:

First there was a three time skiing experience which was just awesome. You know how much I love skiing! Remembering three days in powder snow and sun turns me actually kind of sad as these days will be my only one in this season. Since I am able to ski (and I have been doing it for over 18 years), it is the first winter that I only have three days on my account. Note therefore: Have later a job in a snowy and hilly area.
Presents under the tree
Secondly there was of course Christmas: As a German family the presents are exchanged on the 24th and I actually thought that I wouldn't be surprised at all. But my mom played a trick on me: for a long time now I dream of a Burberry scarf that I actually don't want to spend a fortune on. Well, what shall I say? Thank you, Mom. This really means a lot to me.
The other Christmas days were really rainy which is why we went to the cinema all together watching "The Hobbit". Since I read the book a month ago, I was positively surprised by the film adaption. And Christmas also means food. The gym already calls my name and next week will be a diet as dinners were to delicious here: meat, potatoes, fish, cheese, salads, chocolate, cake, ice cream, french fries, ... I stop now.
Yumm Yumm
Presents: Burberry scarf, Tissot watch, Winter of the World by Ken Follet and Nivea Box
Negative emotions? Yes, they also appeared, especially on Friday when I was overwhelmed by my emotions. The night before I spent a great night with high school friends in a BBQ restaurant and realized the day after that one week being home is just not enough to see friends, family and to do skiing. I even didn't manage to go downtown because time was just too short. That turned me really unhappy. Another reason for this sadness is also that I am not too enthused about going back to my internship in Duesseldorf: While thinking about it, I feel more and more that this sector is not what I want. Not at all. And I actually have not so many friends there because many of them left the company before Christmas.

But I am not the kind of persons who focuses long on any negative things. Moreover I am really happy to find myself now in Berlin, the German capital where I am going to meet one of my best friends in a few hours. While writing this, I smile, believe me! More about Berlin, I will show you next week.

Let me finish by some words to 2012: To sum up it was a very positive year for me. Highlight was probably the trip to the US (here, here and here), the change from university to work life and all the time with my university colleagues. What I wish for 2013? A safe and healthy family, a good start in university again (especially when going to France for 2 years in September), a nice summer internship, great time with my friends and some happy life.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment