Sunday 15 September 2013

Back to childhood

Disney Castle (despite dark clouds, it didn't rain once!)
Do you remember when you were little and dreamed off being friends with your favorite Disney characters? I lively remember those times and actually turned back to them when I headed to Disneyland Paris on Tuesday. Although all of us have exceeded the age of 20, we spent the day like 4 year old girls - smiling, laughing, amazed and curious!

We met Snow White and her seven dwarfs, explored the world of Pirates of the Caribbean, went on crazy roller coasters with lots of inversions, helped Indiana Jones with his expedition and eventually felt like princesses entering the Disney castle. Since we went there throughout the week queues were rather seldom and so we didn't waste any time at all: We stayed in the park for more than 10 hours and finished by watching a wonderful fireworks and light show (video here).
  • A little advise from my side: If you are student, it is worth to ask for a student discount. We did so and payed only 48 Euro for the day but for both parks (Disneyland and Disney Studios). 
  • Favorite roller coaster: Rock'n'Roll Roller Coaster by Aerosmith & The Twilight Zone Tower (Drop Tower Thrill)
  • Favorite park: Studios because the attractions were much better and exciting; Disneyland is more for little kids. I was also disappointed by only having seen ONE single character (Minnie). I thought there would be thousands. 
Sunset
Mickey and his founder Walt
This trip was a nice change, but still, I am here to study.
4 classes were on my schedule this week, which is not even a third of the total. In nearly every class we have either to deliver a final essay or a group presentation by Christmas which means working-intensive months ahead! But hey, I don't want to complain at all, we are all in the same situation. 

Finally I wanted to show you a glimpse of my new bedroom. In the beginning I had a lot of issues because I couldn't make friends with my wall color. I soon realized that I was wrong. Thanks to carefully chosen decorative items, neutral colors and Emily's tips, I could turn down the girly factor of the walls and fell now entirely comfortable here. In the next weeks, I will complement the oeuvre with some wall decoration. How do you like it so far? 
Desk
Bag organization & mini TV
Decoration & friends!
Bed & Couch
Enjoy your Sunday and the upcoming week, see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment