Sunday 6 July 2014

When you circle the Arc de Triomphe


Happy Sunday!

It is a rainy day in Paris. And in a certain why the weather reflects my inner mood since another chapter has been closed on Friday: The end of my internship and speaking of that, the end of my time in Paris.

As a resume of my internship, I'd like to say that it was a really good one. Thanks to challenging and responsible tasks, I could enlarge my knowledge in finance, meet positive and negative challenges, work on my social capabilities and had to find solutions every time I faced a new subject. I also learned that I don't want to work in the sector of energy or turbines, but that finance is the area I want to continue my further studies in. Overall I rule off this experience in a positive way.

Luckily, I can benefit a little longer from Paris as I stay in the city for another two weeks in order to do those things that I couldn't manage before: museums, shopping, castles and friends. On my birthday on Thursday, I realized how lucky I am to have so many great friends. Once again I received hundreds of messages from all over the world and felt bad for every birthday I have zapped for the last months... I feel very blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing people.

And how could I worthy close such an important chapter that has intensively marked my life?
Besides parties, holidays are on the agenda. But eventually there is no better than circling the Arc de Triomphe when I went home by bike hast night. The lights, the pompous arch, the paves. Paris you are simply beautiful.

P.S. The colourful images result from a treasure hunt that the different city halls organized yesterday. As I am little familiar with the history of the 6th district, I chose the area around St. Sulpice and Jardin Luxembourg for this game.

Cute tea boxes I found on Rue de Rennes
An open book near St. Sulpice
Wall decoration
La Maison du Chou - Puff House 
Birthday burger and Friday night out at the Wanderlust
5 AM - 5 times around the Arc de Triomphe

No comments:

Post a Comment